With the rising cost of healthcare, that little sniffle could end up costing a pretty penny. Start setting those pennies aside now — before you're sick — so you'll have the funds when you need them.
This tax-advantaged* account earns interest to help you cover those high deductibles. Access funds online, by check, or by debit card to pay medical bills. It's a smart way to stay healthy — physically and financially!
- Greater personal control over healthcare management and expenses
- Prepare for qualified medical expenses
- Earn interest above standard savings on entire balance
- An HSA provides triple tax savings:
- Tax deductions when you contribute to your account
- Tax-free earnings
- Tax-free withdrawals for qualified medical, dental, vision expenses, and more*
- Contributions are tax-free and can be made by you, your employer, or a third party
- Funds can be withdrawn at any time**
- Access funds via debit card, checks, or online
- No monthly service fee
- Unused funds remain in account year after year; no "use it or lose it" policy
- Free online banking & bill pay
- Free eStatements
- FDIC insured
- $50 minimum deposit to open
Most adults under 65 who are not enrolled in Medicare and are covered under a high-deductible health plan (HDHP) can qualify for an HSA, but it is up to the account holders to determine their own eligibility. Please contact your tax advisor for further eligibility requirements.
*Consult a tax advisor.
**You can withdraw funds at any time for any purpose. However, if funds are withdrawn for reasons other than qualified medical expenses, the amount withdrawn will be included as taxable income, and is subject to a 20% penalty.